Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Geekness Day!

Happy Geekness Day to my fellow technology geeks!!! I was asked to help celebrate Geekness Day (July 13th)  by my fellow geek friend Lisa from SingleHop.com because she said they considered me to be a geek. I had to post an outfit for Geekness Day! This is as geeky/classy as it gets for me.

I'm actually a little obsessed with this outfit!
Bow Tie from Ebay for $1.99.
Layered pearl and gold necklace from Forever 21 similar to this for $9.80.
White button down from Wet Seal similar to this for $15.95.
Black Skirt from Loft similar to this for $19.
Gold Sequin Sperry's from TJ Maxx similar to these for $23.37.

1. What makes you a geek?
This past year I was a technology teacher and I LOVED every minute of it. I know I have made a hashtag or two with Computer Geek or Tech Geek behind it. Ha! I've always loved technology and having the latest and greatest. I also come from a family of computer geeks and I would always brag to my friends when I was a young child that my family had 7 computers (that was A LOT back then)! Now I brag that my grandma has Facebook and Instagram (she is the coolest)! My family has always been up to date with technology (GEEKS FOR LIFE)!

My happy place at school:


2. What is your proudest geek moment?
Probably when I figured out how to plug my iPad into my SMART Board using a VGA cable connector. I was so excited and proud of myself!!! Also, when I made a video this year of the entire school dancing to "Happy" and I uploaded it to YouTube and our schools' Facebook page. The kids felt FAMOUS when they saw themselves on YouTube. I was so proud of myself for making the students feel like big shots! :)


3. What is your geek motto/favorite quote?
I'm such a geek I have a sweatshirt with it right on it! Ha!


4. Who is your geek role model?
Absolutely my step dad! He would fix my computer problems and printer problems constantly growing up. SOOOO many times I have told him he is such a geek, but I honestly don't know what I'd do without him! He builds computers, he's made an app, he is a hard core computer gamer with the headset, etc. He's taught me a lot!!! He was so proud when I became the technology teacher at my school.

That's where I get it from:


5. Which SingleHopper geek do you most relate to? Why?
I would say I'm most like Stephanie Crets because she loves television and watching Netflix like me, she has a love for fashion like me, and she has a personal blog at Stephanie Plus Verb. She also loves taking a million pictures of her cat like I take a million pictures of Bear (my dog). Finally, she has a love for technology like me.

6. How familiar are you with SingleHop's product offerings (dedicated servers, private cloud hosting, managed hosting, etc.)?
I had never heard of SingleHop until Lisa contacted me, but when I read about their blog and browsed through their website I was in awe of what they do. They are even in awe of what they do. It's amazing how talented they are. They have made life a lot easier for many businesses all over the world because of technology. Read about their blog here.

7. Anything else we should know?
I will just show you some pictures of how technology teachers (of young children) geek out!






Keep Calm and Get Your Geek On!!

Also if you'd like more information about SingleHop go check out their new page about Private Cloud Hosting.


8 comments:

  1. Amy I love that Geek shirt. Where did you find that? Also I have been trying to figure out how to displaymy iPad mini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my projector by can't figure out the proper cord. Any suggestions for help would be awesome! As always cute outfit for the geek outfit!! :)

      Delete
    2. My shirt was from TeeSpring.com I love it! Ha! Do you have a SMART board or just a projector?

      Delete
  2. Hey there smarty pants! I love the outfit and you are one of my go to techies for this coming school year.
    2 Smart Wenches
    Like Us on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you are the prettiest geek! I love that bulletin board about the books being like long text messages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I love how you tied that scarf into a bow! So cute!!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is so filled with joy.

    I am free from herpes.

    Sure herbal Treatment!!

    Get Your Ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Back!

    Very professional and trustworthy

    Thanks to robinsonbucler@Gmail. com.. ,

    ReplyDelete